Level 2- Beginner
“Oh I am having so much fun, I love floating around in the water looking at the sky. Blowing bubbles with my teacher makes me laugh. I’m going to try and kick as fast as I can today” I’ve learned so much and my teacher even said that I might have a Swim Buddie swimming with me soon! How exciting…I wonder what their names is,,,can they blow bubbles and float just like me?”
ENTRY LEVEL: Swimmer entering at this stage should have a basic level of water confidence and be comfortable moving through the water.
FOCUS-The emphasis at this stage moves from initial confidence to building a sound foundation in, on and under the water which will lead to the performance of sound swimming techniques.
Recommended 1:1 or 2:1
Swimmers will learn:
- Pool rules- safety in and around the water
- Safe entry and exits
- Breath control & full submersion under water- bob up and down repeatedly while blowing bubbles through mouth and nose,
- Pick up objects from shallow water
- Floating on front and back with use of aids, using a good leg kick to move through the water
- Floating on front and back unaided
- Regain feet to standing from a front float position without aids or assistance