How to Prepare for your Child’s First Lesson
This information applies to members and non-members of each leisure centre.
Before Each Lesson
- For each lesson please bring, swimsuit, goggles, towel, flip-flops/crocs/aqua shoes. We give each child their very own Swim Buddies swim hat on their first lesson.
- On arrival at the reception area, a member of staff will be there to greet you and direct you to the changing room and pool area.
- As a non member you are required to sign in for each lesson at the club reception. You and your child do not have access to any other pool area after your child’s lesson.
- Please ensure you wear the blue pool shoe covers at all times in the changing rooms and poolside.
- Please note you must be present when handing over your child from the changing room to the pool deck where our instructors will meet your child and you must remain on the premises for the duration of the lesson.
- Safety is our priority and no child is to enter the pool area unattended member or non member.
- We encourage parents to observe the lesson from the reception area or dedicated viewing gallery once the lessons has started and not on poolside.
- If younger children need assistance going to the toilet etc. please make us aware of this. We can easily get your attention from the reception/viewing area.
End of Lesson
- Once the lesson is over each day you must be ready to pick up again from poolside, 5 minutes before the end of the lesson. Again no child to be left unattended at any stage.
- All non member children are permitted in the pool for the duration of their Swim Buddies lessons only and there is no access to any pool area after this time.
- As a member you must inform your child’s teacher if they are staying in the pool after their lesson. You must be present and your child must be supervised by you at all times.