The following terms and conditions apply to all parents or guardians of any child attending swimming lessons organised by Swim Buddies. Please ensure you have read and understand the following and please keep a copy for your records:
Accepting our terms and conditions
- By booking a swimming lesson for your child with us, you accept these terms and conditions and they will form a binding contract between us.
- You will ensure that your child or any other children you bring to the swimming pool will follow the general swimming pool rules that are specific to the particular leisure center.
- We reserve the right to edit where necessary, our terms and conditions and will give you adequate notice.
Swim Buddies Private Lessons
- All non member children are permitted in the pool for the duration of their Swim Buddies lessons only and there is no access to any pool area after this time.
- As a member you must inform your child’s teacher if they are staying in the pool after their lesson. You must be present and your child must be supervised by you at all times.
- Swim Buddies has two swimming lesson types as follows:
- (A) Weekly lessons for a period of 6 to 11 consecutive weeks (depending on the length of the school term), not including school holiday breaks. Each lesson on a course will take place on the same day, at the same time and at the same pool every week for the duration of the term (excluding bank holidays).
- (B) Swim Camps of 4-5 days over a school holiday period. Each lesson on our Swim Camp is at the same time and pool every day for 4-5 consecutive days.
- The start date, time, term and session duration, name of teacher and pool venue will be confirmed by email. This will be sent to you before the start date of each term. This information can also be accessed via your online account.
- All lessons will start on time at the agreed start time. If your child arrives late for the scheduled lesson, we regret that we cannot extend your lesson time and it will finish at the scheduled end time.
Registration and Contacting Us
- If you are contacting us by phone, please call us on +353 86 106 5393 and by email at email@example.com
Your Online Account
- You are required to keep your contact details in your online customer account up to date. We use this information for lesson bookings, confirmation and re-booking (if applicable) and to contact you if lessons are cancelled.
- If we cannot make contact with you because your contact details are out of date, then our lesson credit system set out in these terms and conditions cannot apply to you.
- You agree that all information stored in your online account can be accessed by us and our employees, to provide the best communication possible.
- If you provide us with a mobile telephone number, we will use this to send you SMS alerts when lessons are cancelled or for re-booking reminders. We will not use your mobile telephone number for marketing purposes.
- You will log into your online account with the email address that you gave us as part of your registration process and you will create a password.
- The fee for lesson(s) will be confirmed to you at the time of booking online and will be set out in a confirmation email sent to you. You are required to pay for the whole term even if your child misses a lesson for any reason.
- Payment must be made in full before the start of each term.
- If payment is not received by the lesson’s start date, then your account will be treated as a late payment and we may at our complete discretion cancel your booking and may have to offer the place to another swimmer on our waiting list.
- In the case where online payment is not possible we do accept cheques made payable to ‘Swim Buddies’ and once confirmed we will give you a relevant postal address.
- We regret that payment cannot be accepted at any lesson venues.
Illness and Medical Conditions
- If your child is ill you are required to contact us by phone or email by 10am on the day of your child’s lesson so that we can inform the teacher that your child will not be attending their scheduled lesson.
- We regret that we do not provide refunds or credits for absence from booked lessons due to illness, regardless of the number of lessons missed. However, if your child suffers a serious illness, which affects him or her for more than 4 weeks (such as broken bones or any condition that requires hospitalisation and/or medical attention) then we may offer you credit for all lessons missed if you inform us no less than 48 hours before the first lesson to be missed.
- If we offer you a credit in these circumstances but you do not wish to continue with swimming lessons with us, we may at our discretion offer you a refund instead for the number of weeks remaining.
- You are also required to inform us by email or by logging into your customer account, all medical conditions affecting your child, regardless of severity.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you or your child is medically fit to swim. We will not be liable for any accidents or injuries arising from swimming with us that relate to your child’s individual medical condition(s).
Requests to make changes to lesson time, day or requests for credits
- You will not have the right to change the day, time, venue or teacher for your child’s lessons for any reason once the term has started. We may at our discretion choose to allow you to do so if we feel that it is a reasonable request.
- If your child refuses to get into the water or you decide you no longer want your child to attend the course, we regret we cannot give refunds. However we can discuss the possibility of credit for another term in this case.
- If there is a time during a term that you are dissatisfied with a Swim Buddies teacher you are required to inform us immediately either by telephone or email and allow us the opportunity to resolve the issue. We will work with you to find the best solution for all parties.
- Credits for unused lessons may be transferred for other Swim Buddies activities such as Swim Camps or another term of lessons. If we agree to give you a credit for unused lessons but you do not wish to continue swimming lessons with us then we may in our discretion offer you a refund for unused lessons.
- Your child will have the same teacher for each lesson within the term but we cannot guarantee this at times due to illness, holidays or unforeseen circumstances. We arrange for another Swim Buddies teacher to cover these lessons and do not offer credit or a refund unless the lesson has to be cancelled by us.
Cancellation by you
- If you cancel a single lesson, term of lessons or Swim Camp, after you have paid for it, we are not be obliged to provide you with any credit or refund.
- If you request to cancel the scheduled term after the start date, you will still be liable to pay for all allotted sessions up to that point, regardless of attendance.
Cancellation by us
- If we determine that there is insufficient support for a term or Swim Camp, we have the right to cancel, suspend or postpone the course before the date of the first lesson. We will give you as much notice as possible of any such cancellation and we will provide you with a full refund of your term/camp fee if no suitable alternative is found.
- We will make every effort not to cancel lessons once a term has started but on rare occasions pool closure or other unforeseen circumstances may force us to do so. We will give you as much notice as possible of any such cancellation. In this event we will offer you a substitute lesson on a date designated by us. If you notify us that you are unable to attend the substitute lesson in advance of the date scheduled for the substitute lesson, then you will receive a credit for the cancelled lesson. This credit may be offset against your fees for a subsequent term or swim camp. If you do not accept the substitute lesson or do not wish to re-book for a subsequent course, we are not obliged to provide a refund.
Re-booking (weekly term lessons only)
- Shortly before the end of a course we will send an email to your online customer account offering you the chance to re-book for the next course within a specified time-limit.
- If you wish to re-book you must follow the re-booking procedure as stated in your online account and pay the relevant lesson fee.
- By re-booking, you agree to accept these terms and conditions and they will be incorporated into a binding contract between us.
- Re-booking requests that are not submitted before the ‘re-booking deadline’ will be treated as notice of cancellation for the following term and may result in losing your child’s place.
Special needs and children with disabilities
Children with special needs and children with disabilities are welcome where possible at all our venues and are integrated into our regular lessons. We do not however employ specially trained staff and therefore cannot be held liable for the care of such children beyond the teaching of swimming techniques.
- You are responsible for any children you bring with you into any part of the swimming pool venue including the changing area.
- You must ensure that children are fully toilet-trained before we can accept them as students.
- You must not leave the premises whilst your child is in the pool for the duration of their lesson.
- Children are not the responsibility of Swim Buddies teachers until the child enters the swimming pool at the start of a lesson.
- During lessons please do not interrupt or distract the teacher or pupils on poolside, unless it is a matter of health and safety.
- You must keep children who are not swimming under your supervision at all times while in the swimming pool area.
- We regret that you are not permitted by the venue management to take photos or video recordings or any other type of recording of any children within the venue.